Quarter-midget racing track, located on McKinley Ave

~
Add a favorite hang-out or special memory of a time long since gone, but not forgotten. This is our catch all forum for topics not listed elsewhere. The moderator may move your topic to a specific forum category later, to assist other members in finding fun information. If you are in doubt, post here!
~
mikeferrell

Quarter-midget racing track, located on McKinley Ave

Post by mikeferrell » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:38 am

Does anyone remember an incredibly cool quarter-midget racing track, located on McKinley Ave. It was not far from the CA Air Nat'l Guard complex (which by the way, sure has grown over the years!) As a youngster around 5-6 years old, I found this little racing track, with bleachers and lighting and a PA system and kids driving these cool racing cars in real races. To a youngster such as myself, this was all just way too Kool! Fresno was really a hot bed of racin' back then. A few bucks could sure purchase a lot of fun! Seems like yesterday...

galactustrilogy

Re: Quarter-midget racing track, located on McKinley Ave

Post by galactustrilogy » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:29 pm

I do recall this track, because a family friend from Selma had kids who raced quarter midgets. I agree on the location you mentioned, that sounds right. Great fun when I was kid.