Action Theater

~
You just got home from school and it’s Channel 30 Fun Time! Or maybe Nancy Allen's Movie Matinee on Channel 24. Don’t forget the BOSS 30's #1 KYNO. If you were sophisticated, you only listened to KFIG on some new airwave called FM. We honor the late great Al Radka here at Lost Fresno whose motto was Lettuce Eat it!
~
movieman

Action Theater

Post by movieman » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:40 pm

Does anyone remember the classic movie block Action Theater? It aired on Saturday afternoons in the 80s on KMPH-26. Does anyone recall the opening theme or have home recordings? Just curious.

Fresno2SoCal

Re: Action Theater

Post by Fresno2SoCal » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:23 pm

I remember that. They'd show old flicks like Dracula, Frankenstein, and the Werewolf. Cool show!

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:20 am

Reviving an old thread, if I recall, the theme was the beginning of Elton John's "Funeral for a Friend". Or was that for a different show? I also remember another show that used the intro to "Roundabout" by Yes.

Bill

Post by Bill » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:35 pm

I moved away to the east coast prior to the 80's, but I do remember a local Fresno program called "Science Fiction Theater" when I was a kid in the 60's. I don't recall it being hosted by anyone, it just went straight to the featured movie. The show featured old 50's black and white sci-fi classics like "Them", "The Blob", and "Invasion of the saucer Men". I loved those old movies.

shornk

Post by shornk » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:30 am

Yes I remember it well, the entire sequence is burned into my brain. The intro, the bumpers, was one of my earliest memories and one of my inspirations for doing graphic art.

It was masterfully done with the words slowly crawling across my TV screen, ACTION THEATER in red, yellow and orange. The music was very 70s with a wakka chikka beat and they flashed movie sequences. I remember one being some US Post Civil War cavalry soldiers in a fist fight and another being a cowboy falling from a second-story balcony into a dusty street.

Been looking for this bumper intro on youtube for years.