My Top 10 List - Add Your Memory

~
Add a favorite hang-out or special memory of a time long since gone, but not forgotten. This is our catch all forum for topics not listed elsewhere. The moderator may move your topic to a specific forum category later, to assist other members in finding fun information. If you are in doubt, post here!
~
Bulldog Born

Re: My Top 10 List - Add Your Memory

Post by Bulldog Born » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:56 am

We moved to Fresno in 1956. Eventually settling near First/Clinton.

1. I remember going to Harpains Dairy for the best chocolate milk on earth.
2. Shopping at Continental Market on Blackstone between Ashlan and Gettysburg? with my parents for our groceries.
3. The old airport terminal at Hammer Field when TWA Lockheed Super Constellations used to visit regularly.
4. Purposely missing the bus to walk home from Fort Miller Jr. High so we could spend hours at Arthurs Toy Store looking at model cars and planes to get.
5. Going to Selland Arena and seeing some of the greatest names in Rock and Roll history in their prime
6. That would also include the Warnors, Tower, Wilson theaters, the Wild Blue Yonder and the FSU Amphitheater
7. Watching the movie Grand Prix in Cinerama at the Warnors Theater before Christmas 1966.
8. Turning north on Willow Ave. off Shaw and not having to stop till you reached Friant Dam
9. The Go-Kart track west of hwy.99 on Herndon by the river
10. Those deserted roads(maybe an old gokart track)across from the north west part of FYI off Dakota. That we had make shift races on without any hassles from the law.
10a. That would also include the 1.25 mile road coarse in Woodward Park before it was ever opened as a park

Viking7800

Re: My Top 10 List - Add Your Memory

Post by Viking7800 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:54 pm

1. Driving to the Friant dam parking lot on the VERY windy Friant road below the bluffs.
2. Phoenix on West Chinese restaurant and nightlife
3. Wonderland bowling
4. Cruising Belmont Street on Saturday night then heading to Bobs Big Boy
5. Burning trash in the backyard in incinerators or 55 gallon trash drums
6. Harpains dairy
7. Blakey’s pool and the extremely high high dive
8. Nashville West on Blackstone. The last building before crossing the river on 2 lane 41
9. Bonfires during homecoming week at Bullard
10. The Velvet Turtle
11. Fat Jacks
12. The Library across The street from FSU
13. The Graduate on Cedar Ave ( best Grad burger ever!)
14. High school football games at McLane, Madera, Clovis, and Ratcliffe.
15. Munchies, the cheapest soy bean burger around 12
cents!

And who could forget Al Radka singing about Lesterburger!!