Tropical Tees

~
Nothing struck fear into a young boy like the high dive tower at Blakely's. Or perhaps you preferred the water slide at Maple Plunge. But to a young man, Lake Millerton or Lost Lake was the destination. Remember the ice rink in Pinedale? Post your favorite Summer Activity here.
~
meechmom

Tropical Tees

Post by meechmom » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:10 pm

Anyone remember Tropical Tees Miniature Golf Course? In the 60's we used to go there quite a bit. I think it was on Belmont/Palm area?
Attachments
The_Fresno_Bee_The_Republican_Fri__Dec_4__1964_.jpg
Fresno Bee - Dec 4, 1964 / Click to Enlarge

Re: Tropical Tees

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:43 pm

I sure do remember Tropical Tees! In fact when I was 17 I took my steady girlfriend for a "round of golf." She had never had one of those finely tuned golf clubs in her hands so I saw my chance to impress her. So I sez, "Vera honey, let me show you the proper grip and swing." I demo a swing like you were going for max yardage on a major golf course, even tho' it was the first time on any type of golf course for me, including those of the miniature variety. Anyway after I was done with my "how to," she begins to tee up for the windmill. I stand behind her and she then takes this big wind up and nails me in the forehead with the club. Ah, those were the days!
Attachments
tropical tees fresno.jpg

Chuck

Post by Chuck » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:01 pm

Also loved Colonial Greens mini golf. Guessing that was on Shields near Chestnut

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:48 pm

East of maple on shields - they had nickel pinpall.
Attachments
tropical tees 3.jpg
tropical tees 2.jpg
tropical tees 1.jpg

kmcc01

Post by kmcc01 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:49 pm

I do remember Tropical Tees being by the Belmont circle. There is a water storage recharge ponding basin there now.

Jubal

Post by Jubal » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:02 pm

I certainly remember Tropical Tees ! As a kid in the 60's, my family lived nearby (near Echo & Belmont). Since Roeding Park was so close my siblings and I spent a lot of time there & in the area. As I recall, the Tropical Tees miniature golf course was just southeast of the Belmont Circle (which is just west of the Belmont Underpass). I never played the course because of lack of funds. But sometimes there would be sympathetic fellows on duty there who would let me & my brothers wander around the course. It of course had a "tropical" or "Polynesian" theme & I think the centerpiece was a large volcano. I think the place was gone by the late 60s. Up until the mid-80s there was a miniature golf course on Shields near Chestnut called "Colonial Gardens" with a Colonial-era American theme. Took a young friend there to gold many times. And of course with many friends in the 80s & early 90s I played the various courses at Blackbeards, out near Chestnut & Ashlan. They are still there. Wonderful memories !