Some Restaurants I Remember

~
Pulling into the Mars Drive-in for a Lime Rickey. Ordering up a burger from the car hop at the A&W on Blackstone. Checking out the action at Bob's Big Boy. Your favorite grilled cheese sandwich at the Woolworths Counter. Don't forget loading up at Perry Boys Smorgy. What eats do you miss?
~
Mom1961

Re: Some Restaurants I Remember

Post by Mom1961 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:12 pm

Ok, here's a restaurant question; years before food courts, does anyone remember the name of the sit down restaurant inside Fashion Fair?

21-50 over

Post by 21-50 over » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:42 pm

Was called Chanceys (sp) ? seems like there was a place by that name on the mall

truckeemax

Post by truckeemax » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:37 am

We loved the Refectory! Near Blackstone and Shaw. It burned down twice as I remember. After the second time it did not reopen.
Also the Taco Shack in South Fresno was one of our favorites. Mr. B's Coffee Shop in Fig Garden Village is another. We just keep "remembering"!

gloria_512

Post by gloria_512 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:49 pm

Does anybody remember the chicken pie shop on Olive avenue? It just closed like last year but I remember growing up going there every Sunday after church with my grandma and grandpa. I really miss it now. I also remember sambo's breakfast restaurant and Olive Branch after hours parties. Anybody else remember?

rememberingfresno

Post by rememberingfresno » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:01 pm

@marciaf0904,

You asked: "In the 90s, does anyone remember the name of the cafe/restaurant next to Tower Theatre on Olive? All I can remember is that we hung out there in high school. I know it's not Irene's; this cafe was on Olive where the Theatre office/bar is currently.

And a restaurant I miss is Happy Steak, the one at Blackstone and Clinton (Starbucks is there now)."

It was Java Cafe.

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:33 pm

Name of nice restaurant in Fig Garden that was close to where The Vault and Talbots are now???

cindy

Post by cindy » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:08 pm

I believe that was Harlan's

Wayne

Post by Wayne » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:08 pm

Alligator Club, Spoons, Big Yellow House, Scoreboard, Wilikers.

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:45 am

Yes my father was a chef there during that time period. Rat Pack did shows there. Does anyone remember the Town and Country Lodge?

Pupsy 17

Post by Pupsy 17 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:39 pm

What restaurants were at fashion fair after Ruebens, and Hungry Bear. Served Spanish/American food and was a wooden building