Roosevelt High School

~
Amongst the fondest of all of our memories are from High School. Share where you attended, who your special friend was or the winning game touchdown you made. Also list a long lost classmate that you are searching for. And we love seeing photos of around your campus.
~
Clipper cat

Roosevelt High School

Post by Clipper cat » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:41 am

Did no one go to Roosevelt!?!

Linkslady

Re: Roosevelt High School

Post by Linkslady » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:52 pm

I did!!
Class of ‘64

Scott-o-Rama

Post by Scott-o-Rama » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:27 pm

We were a McLane family but we had buddies and girlfriends who went to Roosevelt — and so I remember being on the Roosevelt campus on several occasions as a kid. In the 1960s, McLane was new but Roosevelt was an older campus, which seemed to give it three big advantages: more interesting architecture, a proud history, and a more established and defined set of campus traditions. My favorite thing about Roosevelt was its huge grand old auditorium, where we attended some memorable performances.
Somehow I have the impression that the readership of this site is skewed slightly more toward folks who attended McLane, Bullard, Hoover, and Fresno High Schools than toward either Roosevelt or Edison. But then maybe I’ve got it all wrong. So c’mon all you proud Rooseveltians. This is your very own thread: Let’s hear from you!

Clipper cat

Post by Clipper cat » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:26 am

MODESTLY "MASKED" as Clipper Cat, I graduated from Roosevelt under my real name in 1963. Doubtless I was considered weird by many, but my likewise weird friends were among the best people I was to know during my Fresno years. I, too, wonder why so few Roosevelt and Edison graduates identify themselves in this interesting journal. Fond memories of deep friendships remain with me . . .

chancesR

Post by chancesR » Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:10 pm

What are the odds? I also "walked out the windows" in 1963. (Do they still do that?)

Drama queen

Post by Drama queen » Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:00 pm

I'd say the odds are small, Chances! Don't know if that foolish tradition (dangerous) is still practiced, but cooler minds may have prevailed. On the rare occasions i find myself in Frez I sometimes pass the old campus, and could probably still identify the windows we passed out of (if they still exist). Wonder if we knew each other . . .

Drama queen

Post by Drama queen » Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:03 pm

Funky forum. I AM CLIPPER CAT, but this thing won't allow me to post under that moniker.