Some Restaurants I Remember

~
Pulling into the Mars Drive-in for a Lime Rickey. Ordering up a burger from the car hop at the A&W on Blackstone. Checking out the action at Bob's Big Boy. Your favorite grilled cheese sandwich at the Woolworths Counter. Don't forget loading up at Perry Boys Smorgy. What eats do you miss?
~

Re: Some Restaurants I Remember

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:31 am

Did velvet turtle become spaghetti factory? What about the restaurants in Fig Garden? The Remington was a nice restaurant too. That family had many.

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:10 pm

Mello was on the Southeast corner of Cedar/Shields.

buzdrivah

Post by buzdrivah » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:58 pm

Spaghetti Factory moved into the old Hungry Tiger Location,Some sort of Sports bar moved into Velvet Turtle,Don't recall the name,then was taken out and replaced by Red Lobster.

21-50 over

Post by 21-50 over » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:42 pm

I think the sports bar was called The Scoreboard.

Emmac

Post by Emmac » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:34 pm

Anyone remember a place called DerChukalou? It was near Palm and Shields. Turned into La Boulingerie be for La B moved to fig garden. Dar Chuck had something called a Kona. Fried thing with spicy beef and potato in it. Delicious! I think it went out in the 80's.

GHJ

Post by GHJ » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:37 pm

Anyone remember The Bagel Basket and its 2 or 3 iterations? Struggling to remember what it was called after dark when Pat & Johnny would switch to fine dining at the Herndon & Blackstone location. Thanks!

Russ

Post by Russ » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:00 am

Carnation's
Weinstock's Dept Store
Little Anthony's sandwich shop
Paradise bakery in fashion Fair
Cask & cleaver
Harlan's
And the hot dog bar at Carl's jr. In fashion Fair

I can't remember the name of the restaurant on Shaw and marks where outback is now.

mistyblue12

Post by mistyblue12 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:01 am

In the 90s, does anyone remember the name of the cafe/restaurant next to Tower Theatre on Olive? All I can remember is that we hung out there in high school. I know it's not Irene's; this cafe was on Olive where the Theatre office/bar is currently.

And a restaurant I miss is Happy Steak, the one at Blackstone and Clinton (Starbucks is there now).

Marciaf0904

Post by Marciaf0904 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:17 pm

Restaurant next to Tower Theater was Daily Planet

Rkr216

Post by Rkr216 » Fri May 08, 2020 8:35 am

A friend and I were discussing pubs last night and neither of us could remember the name of the pub that Roger Rocka owned back in the day...it’s driving me nuts......