Mello Ice Cream

~
Pulling into the Mars Drive-in for a Lime Rickey. Ordering up a burger from the car hop at the A&W on Blackstone. Checking out the action at Bob's Big Boy. Your favorite grilled cheese sandwich at the Woolworths Counter. Don't forget loading up at Perry Boys Smorgy. What eats do you miss?
~
davidto46

Mello Ice Cream

Post by davidto46 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:25 pm

Does anyone remember the Mello ice cream shop at the south side of Tulare Street at what is now the Freeway 41 southbound on ramp? The counter clerk would sometimes sell us four scoops for a dime! This was in the early '50's.
Attachments
Mell O Ice Cream.jpg
Fresno Bee - April 18, 1952

Junesgirl

Re: Mello Ice Cream

Post by Junesgirl » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:35 am

wow, that sure rings a bell. I am 59 now but I bet I went there. I wish there were more pictures of the places we remember. I feel like I am going down memory lane with this site. Fun!
Attachments
Mell O and Authors.jpg

PatriceN

Post by PatriceN » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:12 am

We used to go to Mellos on Butler Ave. I Loved their Lemon Ice cream

Aquadude

Post by Aquadude » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:45 am

I WAS A COOK AT ONE OF THE ICE CREAM STORE DRIVE-INS AT FRESNO & A STREETS (SNAX DRIVE IN). MELL-O ICE CREAM WAS OWNED AND OPERATED BY DON JENSEN AND THE MAIN STORE WAS ON BUTLER AVENUE. OUR BEST SELLER AT THE DRIVE IN WAS A SNAX BURGER WITH BEATLE-NUT ICE CREAM THAT WAS MADE SPECIFICALLY IN RESPONSE TO THE BRITISH MUSIC INVASION BY THE BEATLES IN 1964. GREAT FOOD, GREAT ICE CREAM, BETTER TIMES FOR SURE.

fotorail

Post by fotorail » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:01 pm

I remember Mello Ice cream. 1958 I was in 10th grade and lived 3 blocks away. Went down there 3 times a week. Had a very big crush on one of the girls that worked there.