Bayly Jeans Factory in Sanger

~
Do you remember the Country Boys Market with its wooden floors? Walter Smiths was the place to go for clothes on the Fulton Mall. Penny Candy had great blacklight posters and don't forget Whitie's Pet Store on Blackstone. What vintage retail do you remember growing up in Fresno?
~
Big J

Bayly Jeans Factory in Sanger

Post by Big J » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:18 pm

Does anyone remember this place? My dad used to drag me there in the early 80s when I was in elementary school to get jeans. Horrible, five years out of style corduroy jeans. I'm not bitter or anything.

I was telling my daughter about the place though and I can't even figure out where it used to be!

Fresno2SoCal

Re: Bayly Jeans Factory in Sanger

Post by Fresno2SoCal » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:48 pm

I remember Baleys. Is that still there? I just remember there being a warehouse full of pants.

Big J

Post by Big J » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:11 am

It's gone now. I mean...without a trace, as if it was never there.

Bigmark

Post by Bigmark » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:00 am

A lot of my family members worked at Bailey's in the early 70s. My Grandmother, mother and various Aunts and Uncles. The best thing about it was when my Dad would pick my Mom up from work we would go down Belmont to Sanger and stop at the dairy at Armstrong and Belmont and get chocolate milk in the glass bottles. Sometimes we would pick Mom up and get chili dogs at Chuckwagon in Sanger on the way back. I think Bailey's closed down in the late 80s or early 90s.

Fresno2SoCal

Post by Fresno2SoCal » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:19 am

awwww, too bad. that place brings back memories. I remember buying most of my corduroys and Levi's there...so 1970s. lol

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:20 pm

My mom and her boyfriend worked at Bayly for many years. Thats where they met. I remember walking in the shop and the jeans were EVERYWHERE.
Attachments
bayla jeans.jpg