Sebastian, Anyone?

~
You just got home from school and it’s Channel 30 Fun Time! Or maybe Nancy Allen's Movie Matinee on Channel 24. Don’t forget the BOSS 30's #1 KYNO. If you were sophisticated, you only listened to KFIG on some new airwave called FM. We honor the late great Al Radka here at Lost Fresno whose motto was Lettuce Eat it!
~
Christopher Stone

Sebastian, Anyone?

Post by Christopher Stone » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:21 pm

I remember a late-night, local TV horror movie series from the 1950s. It was hosted by a man dressed as a monstrous-looking guy. He called himself "Sebastian." It was either on Channel 12, 24, or 47. Does anyone remember this series? "Sebastian" hosted these black and white horror relics and, as a child, he looked so scary, I found him more horrifying than the movies screened on the series.

Christopher Stone

Re: Sebastian, Anyone?

Post by Christopher Stone » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:03 pm

Since posting this topic last week, I've learned from my friend, Marv Harrison, that Sebastian was an electrician at KJEO, Channel 47, in the 1950s. Somehow, he went from being an electrician to hosting the horror movie series on the station. Marv claims his first name was Jay, but he doesn't remember Jay's last name.

Christopher Stone

Post by Christopher Stone » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:33 pm

I now hear that the name of the KJEO-TV series he hosted in the 1950s was "Shock Theater."

dhurt50

Post by dhurt50 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:57 pm

I remember that show.

EdWebbo

Post by EdWebbo » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:14 am

Was that the Sci-Fi program on Friday nights at 6 P.M.? Channel 47 ticked me off royally one time when it didn't show the end of one movie way back when. Long live American International Pictures!

CinemaBill

Post by CinemaBill » Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:35 pm

Sabastian gave me many nightmares as a kid in the 50's. I remember he showed the 1931 Frankenstein and it scared the heck out of me. I was sure the monster was lurking just outside my window, waiting for me to fall asleep so he could get me. Lol. Great memories.
Bill

CinemaBill1

Post by CinemaBill1 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:32 pm

Just to add to my comment above, I remember the name of that horror show to be Nightmare. Wish I could find a photo of Sabastian. His face resembled a skull. Very eerie.
Bill

Ken S.

Post by Ken S. » Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:12 pm

I grew up in Dinuba. The show was definitely Nightmare and it was on Saturday nights. I think on channel 47. My older brother and I would watch it most every week. I agree he was usually more scary than the movie. I think the show started with Sebastian saying "Welcome to Nightmare" in a very eerie way. Great memmories!