PRO-DUC-ERS spells Producers

~
Add a favorite hang-out or special memory of a time long since gone, but not forgotten. This is our catch all forum for topics not listed elsewhere. The moderator may move your topic to a specific forum category later, to assist other members in finding fun information. If you are in doubt, post here!
~
Fresburg Guy

PRO-DUC-ERS spells Producers

Post by Fresburg Guy » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:01 pm

I grew up on Producer's Milk, all my friends did. I mean - if it was Hoppy's favorite, then it was good enough for me (see the picture of the Producers plant below). Now 60 years later and living in another state, the Producers milk is long gone - but not the jingle! It pops into my head every few weeks or so. Com'on sing it with me:

Every cow in Producers herd has to give her solemn word.
She’ll maintain the standard of Producers quality.
PRO-DUC-ERS spells Producers, when you know quality, you’ll say yes to Producers.
Producers cows get up at dawn, to see the milk gets loaded on.
To the milkman just so he, can bring it right to you and me.
PRO-DUC-ERS spells Producers, when you know quality, you’ll say yes to Producers.
Would you like to come away, to Bar 20 Farm some day?
Meet a cow and just see how, Producers Milk is made.
PRO-DUC-ERS spells Producers, when you know quality, you’ll say yes to Producers!

To hear it in full four part harmony by those great gals backing up William Boyd, click the button below:
Attachments
hoppys_milk.jpg

Lost Fresno Guest

Re: PRO-DUC-ERS spells Producers

Post by Lost Fresno Guest » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:30 pm

That brought back some memories!
Attachments
hoppy.jpg
Click to Enlarge

Lost Fresno
Site Admin

Post by Lost Fresno » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:56 am

Remembering Producers milk and Hoppy makes me recall the simple pleasures of being a kid in Fresno. I didn't have to worry about drive by shooting or being shot up at high shcool. Fresno was a great palce to grow up in the 50's, 60's and 70's. To that end I give you Hop Along Cassidy, this poster was copyrighted in 1950!
Attachments
hoppy-poster.jpg
Click to Enlarge

oldschool

Post by oldschool » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:44 am

This really brings back memories to me. I remember those commercials so well. The funny thing is, now I Iive in Arizona. Talk about being apart from the crowd here. LOLOLOL I sure am. Playing music for a hobby, my next door neighbor brings over a ukelele for me to tune for him. So today I strummed and sang a song for him.

Yep, the Pro-duc-ers spells producers song. Of course not as good as what we all remember. And he is dumb founded. He asked me, what is Pro-duc-ers. I just say Hoppy's faverite! I like a lot of you have great memories growing up in Fresno. Even though I lived way out past Easton, it didn't matter. You know actually all of us are pretty lucky. Thank you for posting this.

contrygal

Post by contrygal » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:36 pm

Good memories of a good product. Was born in 1947, but do not recall my age when we went to a parade in Fresno. Maybe a Christmas parade? Who was there, but the famous Hoppy himself! Riding his big beautiful white horse. Did anyone else get to see him?

Sierra Guy

Post by Sierra Guy » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:11 pm

And don't forget, Producers used to deliver! In the 60s we left our Milk bottles and an order form on the front porch twice a week in the morning only to get them refilled and on our doorstep later that day. I wasn't yet ten years old but I can remember lobbying my mom to fill our her form for CHOCOLATE MILK. Yum!

krazgeo

Post by krazgeo » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:27 pm

It was so much fun to come home every day from school and hear Webster Webfoot and Jimmy Weldon on Channel 47. The Producers commercials, the 'lett-us eat it' commercials, and the Three Stooges, all that made each day worthwhile. Before that, or maybe at the same time, there was the 'Mickey Mouse Club' too. Such a simple, innocent time. No door locking, no fears of crime....just a whole lot of mosquitoes flying around in clouds just at sunset.

dancinjfisher

Post by dancinjfisher » Wed May 21, 2014 3:01 pm

Yeah, I periodically sing the chorus and the last verse, cuz that was all I ever knew of this jingle. I think my brother and sister knew all of it at one time.

My family moved out of the Fresno-Clovis area about 25 years ago, and my children and all my friends think I'm strange (well, actually I am strange!) when they hear me singing the jingle or talking about Oberti olives ("only better eaters really taste it," says Al Radka). I recently began working in the Vancouver plant that prints and manufactures Producers milk cartons. Sadly, Hoppy's face is no longer on the carton, but it was exciting to see that familiar lettering on the carton spelling out the name of the milk I used to drink every day!

Scott Whitney

Post by Scott Whitney » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:09 am

I can still remember the P-R-O-D-U-C-E-R-S jingle like it was yesterday.

The photo of the carton brings back another memory. We had a milkman who brought Producers milk to our door twice a week. (very cool) Do you remember the numbers & letters stamped into the top of the carton where the two sides were glued together? The numbers were secrete date codes similar to today's "use by" dates. (long before the government forced suppliers to date code perishable products) Well, my dad broke the code and one time claimed the milk we received was out of date.

My dad had a way of escalating situations and it wasn't long before someone from Producers was at our door. I remember the guy being surprised that dad knew the code and then he tried to say it was different. I was only a kid but I remember my mom grabbing me and rushing me to my bedroom as a rather heated argument ensued. We never received out of date milk again. I now live in Florida where the dairy products suffice, but they don't come close to the quality and flavor of Producers. Fond memories.
Attachments
The_Fresno_Bee_The_Republican_Wed__Sep_25__1963_.jpg
Click to Enlarge / Fresno Bee - Sept. 25, 1963

JoyElaine

Post by JoyElaine » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:44 am

I walked to the bus every morning singing the "Producer" song. I would watch "Captain Kangaroo" and then the "Producer's" commercial would come on. Off I would go to the corner singing "PRO-DUC-ERS spells Producers! A lot of memories flood my mind. Good Memories.