Kenny Burger

~
Pulling into the Mars Drive-in for a Lime Rickey. Ordering up a burger from the car hop at the A&W on Blackstone. Checking out the action at Bob's Big Boy. Your favorite grilled cheese sandwich at the Woolworths Counter. Don't forget loading up at Perry Boys Smorgy. What eats do you miss?
~
Big J

Kenny Burger

Post by Big J » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:48 pm

Anyone else remember Kenny Burger fondly? On Belmont right across from the zoo. I found it late in its existence, loved the burgers. The building was a bit dilapidated but the food was great, the old couple who ran it very friendly, and the decor was a lot of fun. One day it was closed and soon after it was leveled. A gas station's in its spot now. No clue what happened.

pmam1973

Re: Kenny Burger

Post by pmam1973 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:16 pm

Remember the hand-painted sign that faced Highway 99? Kenny Burgers 3 for 99 cents

NettiesKid

Post by NettiesKid » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:50 am

My family used to eat there after every visit to Roeding Park or the Zoo. They made some great food. I remember they made a great barbecue beef sandwich. We'd order barbecue sandwiches, fries and shakes all around and sit in the dining area. My brother and I would play a few games of pinball and then we'd go home. Ken and Judy (his wife) were always really nice and if they weren't too busy, they'd chit chat with my parents while we ate. Kenny Burger was a family institution for all of us. It was a sad day when they closed. But Ken and Judy deserved their retirement. They put in a whole lot of years in that location.

Big J

Post by Big J » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:44 pm

Did they retire? I'd hoped that was the case and that one of them didnt pass away or something. Always friendly...I wish I'd discovered them years earlier than I did.

frestive

Post by frestive » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:50 pm

Ken and Judy are distant relatives of mine. They are happily retired.

danieladraper

Post by danieladraper » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:52 am

I can't find any photographs of Kenny Burgers anywhere anyone?