Roller Town

~
Nothing struck fear into a young boy like the high dive tower at Blakely's. Or perhaps you preferred the water slide at Maple Plunge. But to a young man, Lake Millerton or Lost Lake was the destination. Remember the ice rink in Pinedale? Post your favorite Summer Activity here.
~
BricBrat

Roller Town

Post by BricBrat » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:52 pm

I for one can't even think about growing up in Fresno without it including Roller Town on Clinton and 99. I spent more days there than anywhere else between the ages of 7 and 12. My childhood was: Speed skating, Red Rope, Jerry Lewis Skateathons, a goodie comb sticking out of my back pocket, feathered hair, Pac Man, Dig Dug, Donkey Kong, shoot the duck, the corner game with the huge dice, the birthday party rooms, strobe lights, The skate guards (Victor, Dave & Rob) the penelty box, eclectic blocks of music including names like Kiss, the police, The Scorpions, M.J., Blondie, The Clash, The Commodores, Frankie Smith, The sugar hill gang, and let’s not forget the awesomely awkward couples skate. Thanks Dad.

Darren

Re: Roller Town

Post by Darren » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:00 am

It was a great childhood. Dad took the job for us. Remember the April fools day when Mom and Dad told us we were going to have to take dance and figure lessons?

NettiesKid

Post by NettiesKid » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:57 pm

My Cub Scout Pack used to go every weekend. I have nothing but great memories of Roller Town. Even if one particular DJ that used to work there (I don't remember his name) was a bit of a jerk. I used to participate in a lot of the special events like the speed skate. I could move for being a fat little butterball on wheels.

Fresno2SoCal

Post by Fresno2SoCal » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:45 pm

Yes I remember Rollertown. There was also one in Clovis. I think we used to have field trips there and it was a big thing. Was fun though.