Warners and Hardy's

~
Who could forget the fabulous Crest or the Tower Theater? Fresno’s drive-ins were the most popular with teens, among them the Moon-Glow and the Sunset. The world’s largest outdoor screen was housed at the Sunnyside Drive-in. Did you hide in the trunk to save 50 cents or possibly steam up the car’s windows? Share your old Fresno theater memories here.
~
LAWhitton

Warners and Hardy's

Post by LAWhitton » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:22 pm

I didn't see these two movie theaters mentioned in the list. I remember all the others and these also. I remember so many trips to downtown Fresno to see a Saturday matinee at one of the many theaters there. We usually rode a bus and also visited Wooldworth's, Newberrys and Ted's Bargain Basement. I saw Elvis Presley in Love Me Tender at the Warner's Theater while I was in junior high school and cried so hard when he "died" in the movie

Re: Warners and Hardy's

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:47 pm

I remembering seeing Love me Tender (B&W) at the Wilson theater and went through all those same emotions.

ROBOEDOUT

Re: Warners and Hardy's

Post by ROBOEDOUT » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:28 pm

I remember the Hardy and technically the Warnor cinema. I cant believe there has not yet been a mention of the Sequoia "the home of the rocking-chair loge". My friend Tom Wood bought first run tickets in the loge for he and is future x-wife who informed him her seat was broken. What a time. With regard to the movie, Westside Story, he said if it weren't for the popcorn he would have cried.
"