Webster Webfoot - My favorite Childhood TV Show

~
You just got home from school and it’s Channel 30 Fun Time! Or maybe Nancy Allen's Movie Matinee on Channel 24. Don’t forget the BOSS 30's #1 KYNO. If you were sophisticated, you only listened to KFIG on some new airwave called FM. We honor the late great Al Radka here at Lost Fresno whose motto was Lettuce Eat it!
~

Webster Webfoot - My favorite Childhood TV Show

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:02 am

Oh Webster, where are you now? You always helped me remember the safety rules and I loved Jimmy Weldon drawing the stories on the big easel. Webster was on the local TV station from 1962 to 1964. I was 10 years old and Webster was my favorite TV buddy.
Attachments
jimmy and webster.jpg
Click to Enlarge / Jimmy Weldon and Webster Webfoot

Lost Fresno
Site Admin

Re: Webster Webfoot - My favorite Childhood TV Show

Post by Lost Fresno » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:12 am

Webster Webfoot YouTube, check it!

Lost Fresno
Site Admin

Post by Lost Fresno » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:22 am

I met Webster Webfoot IN PERSON at Lucca's restaurant in Madera, back in about '62, along with his impaling sidekick, Jimmy Weldon. Webster was charming, much better looking in person than on the big screen, and a true gentleman. And damn that duck could drink, we ended up having to break up a couple of fights, and he threw up worms and all kinds of crap after he did about 6 straight shots of Crown Royal trying to impress this exotic dancer and her friends. Yep good times they were, --simpler days--

Reprinted with permission from Fresno Famous
http://www.fresnofamous.com
Attachments
webster.jpg
Click to Enlarge

Lost Fresno
Site Admin

Post by Lost Fresno » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:26 am

Webster Webfoot loves "Woodbury" (milk). I answered every time the phone rang with that stupid phrase and ended up winning the coloring book and 45 record to go with it...twice!

Reprinted with permission from Fresno Famous
http://www.fresnofamous.com

frodoboy

Post by frodoboy » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:52 am

Does anyone remember the ONLY movie Uncle Jimmy Weldon was in back then?? It was science fiction movie and he lasted only about 30 seconds to 1 minute in the beginning. I always wondered why Webster Webfoot wasn't with him at the control of the spaceship! LOL. I think it was in the late 50's or very early 60's and they were possibly going to Mars?? I got to be on the Webster Webfoot show and it was crazy. Uncle Jimmy always seemed like he had heartburn with that weird scrunched up, almost painful look most of the time. I also got to be on the Old 49'er show. Does anyone remember that?? He lived down the street from me on Winery avenue in a ranch style house. He was very reclusive.

BigBigdog50

Post by BigBigdog50 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:44 pm

Webster Webfoot and Uncle Jimmy Weldon are one of my favorite childhood memories. I remember their theme song, goes like this:

We want you all to know....
This is the Webster Webfoot Show....
It's like a jamboree...
For kids from one to ninety-three...
Now we all know that Webster is an educated duck,
But without Jimmy Weldon he'd be outta luck!
We want you kids in the studio..
And all of you at home to know..
This is the Web...ster Web...foot show.

And he would have this dark haired lady on once in a while who would teach the kids safety. Cannot remember her name...and they also had a song for her segment too:

Courtesy and safety too...
In everything we say and do....
Webster Webfoot knows its true...
Now the rest is up to you.
Attachments
webster webfoot TV listing.png
Click to Enlarge / Fresno Bee - Oct.16, 1963

carlesglass

Post by carlesglass » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:42 am

I got to talk to Jimmy Weldon on an internet radio program back in 2008. He's still as positive and energetic as ever and has fond memories of Fresno. He is a motivational speaker. He also has some film and TV credits as well. Check out IMDB.com

Carl

Fresneck

Post by Fresneck » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:51 pm

I met Webster at Roeding Park... what a swell duck.
Attachments
webster 1964.jpg
Click to Enlarge / Fresno Bee - Nov. 20, 1964

58pacer

Post by 58pacer » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:22 am

I had some e-Mail correspondence with Jimmy Weldon back around 2006. At the time he was living what sounded like a comfortable life in his house in Burbank. He was still flying his airplane, but the only passengers allowed were Webster and his collie! I sat on his lap at a grocery store in 1962, and he gave me a loaf of Sunbeam bread to take home. Remember the bread slice that would tear right down the middle? I tried it, they weren't lying.

Pacer
Attachments
al and jimmy.jpg
Click to Enlarge / Al Radka and Jimmy Weldon

58pacer

Post by 58pacer » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:32 am

The Phantom Planet? Saw it at the Wilson Theater. The marquis proclaimed "starring Jimmy Weldon." Jimmy's character actually died before the titles and opening credits rolled. His space ship crashed into the planet (that they couldn't detect). Real stars were Frances X. Bushman and Coleen Gray. What's crazy is I drove Coleen Gray in the Brentwood Fourth of July parade many years later in my Edsel convertible, and didn't recognize her from the movie (what a surprise). Wish I had done some homework, and I might have known.

Pacer
Attachments
phantom planet.jpg
Click to Enlarge / Jimmy Weldon stars as Lt. Webb