Aldos Pizza

~
Pulling into the Mars Drive-in for a Lime Rickey. Ordering up a burger from the car hop at the A&W on Blackstone. Checking out the action at Bob's Big Boy. Your favorite grilled cheese sandwich at the Woolworths Counter. Don't forget loading up at Perry Boys Smorgy. What eats do you miss?
~
gmz23

Aldos Pizza

Post by gmz23 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:27 pm

How about the great pizza at Aldos Pizza in Clovis Barnyard Shopping Center. Possibly my favorite pizza of all time they had some giant pizzas. There was also a place named Rico's Pizza I believe on Shaw somewhere ? Also very good pizza early 80's

ibspuds

Re: Aldos Pizza

Post by ibspuds » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:54 pm

Rico's Pizza, wow, I used to work there. I remember tossing those pies, good times...

Drakonyx

Post by Drakonyx » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:01 pm

I remember an Aldo's near Fig Garden Village, just to the west on Shaw, I think.

Mr. E

Post by Mr. E » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:54 pm

There were indeed two Aldo's, one on Shaw just west of Palm on the north side of the street. I think the Limelight is now in that location. Then a second Also's opened up in the Barnyard Shopping Center on Clovis Ave.

If I'm not mistaken, Popolo's Pizza, still extant on the southwest corner of Blackstone and Herndon, is related somehow to the two Aldo's restaurants and makes the same style of pizza today.

Viling7800

Post by Viling7800 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:23 am

Yes, the old Aldo's on shaw was next door to the Elbow Room before it moved onto Fig Garden. The Honey Baked hams is now in that location. Best pizza in town!

Daryl

Post by Daryl » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:55 pm

Actually Bob And Greg started Aldo’s Pizza on Shaw west of Palm & then expanded out to the Barnyard at 1414 Clovis Ave.
Unfortunately they parted ways, and Poppolos pizza was born, and both served the same excellent pizza.
Poppolos pizza was run by Greg & Jane and STILL continues today with a passion to serve THE BEST!!