Video Stores (Sunnyside)

~
Do you remember the Country Boys Market with its wooden floors? Walter Smiths was the place to go for clothes on the Fulton Mall. Penny Candy had great blacklight posters and don't forget Whitie's Pet Store on Blackstone. What vintage retail do you remember growing up in Fresno?
~
FormerlyFresnan

Video Stores (Sunnyside)

Post by FormerlyFresnan » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:19 pm

I am wondering if anybody remembers the name of the video rental place that used to be in the (original) Von's shopping center on Kings Canyon and Clovis in the 80's. It would have been in the strip of stores between what was probably Lumberjack (and eventually OSH) and Vons. They had all their titles on the wall, and you had to bring the little tab hanging underneath to the counter to rent.

If I remember correctly, there were three stores in the area. Sunnyside Video was across Clovis on the other side of the shopping center, and Valley Video moved around a few times but was always near those cross streets... I can't remember the name of the one in between the Hardware store and Von's though, and it's bugging me, ha ha. Any help or insight?

perennial millennial

Re: Video Stores (Sunnyside)

Post by perennial millennial » Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:05 pm

It wouldn't have been All That Video?