Woolworth's at Fashion Fair

~
Do you remember the Country Boys Market with its wooden floors? Walter Smiths was the place to go for clothes on the Fulton Mall. Penny Candy had great blacklight posters and don't forget Whitie's Pet Store on Blackstone. What vintage retail do you remember growing up in Fresno?
~
Bonedaddy500

Woolworth's at Fashion Fair

Post by Bonedaddy500 » Mon May 11, 2015 10:19 am

There was a Woolworth's at Fashion Fair mall back in the 70's and 80's. When did it close and where was it located in the mall? Can you tell me what store is there now? And what are your favorite memories of going to Woolworth's at Fashion Fair. I remember buying a fish tank in the pet supplies area, and eating at the lunch counter.

Big J

Re: Woolworth's at Fashion Fair

Post by Big J » Tue May 26, 2015 2:10 pm

Victoria's Secret is there now. It closed around 1993.

Bonedaddy500

Post by Bonedaddy500 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:24 pm

Does anyone have pictures of Woolworth at Fashion Fair?

arfire75

Post by arfire75 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:06 pm

I remember the Woolworth's in Fashion Fair very well. It had a basement level too. The escalator was in the middle of the store and the lower level was the same size as the main level. If I remember right, the bottom level sold electronics, movies(VHS), sporting goods, and other various items. I'm not sure what the location is now. I do remember Fashion Fair used to have a few areas which accessed the lower levels in the mall. Back in the day, there was a large staircase by the main entrance(where Baskin Robbins is) leading down to bathrooms, various office's such as security, executive's, etc. It was a very large staircase taking up a huge part of the floor space with railing surrounding 3/4's of the large rectangular opening, allowing people to look down into the area. Today the area is completely covered over, however I'm sure there's another access point somewhere else in the mall.

Fred Rated

Post by Fred Rated » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:34 pm

I still have a set of six blue frosted drinking glasses from that Woolworth's. I remember them having a rather surprisingly eclectic selection of plastic models from Japan way back before anyone in this country had ever uttered the word "anime" down in that basement area. I bought a (possibly counterfeit) Votoms kit without having any clue in the world what it was and ruined it with Krazy Glue because I was an impatient child.

Osandad

Post by Osandad » Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:40 pm

Pets were in the basement; bought goldfish there. The restaurant was the Harvest House.

perennial millennial

Post by perennial millennial » Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:48 am

You guys just might have solved a mystery for me. Did they sell baby clothing? I remember going with my parents, early '90s, and seeing this MASSIVE section (at least to my young and impressionable mind), all lit up. Basically Babies R Us before Babies R Us