Name of music store on Palm?

~
Do you remember the Country Boys Market with its wooden floors? Walter Smiths was the place to go for clothes on the Fulton Mall. Penny Candy had great blacklight posters and don't forget Whitie's Pet Store on Blackstone. What vintage retail do you remember growing up in Fresno?
~
DulcieChatwood

Name of music store on Palm?

Post by DulcieChatwood » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:23 am

What was the name of the music/record store on Olive just west of Palm (as I remember). You could go in and listen to a record before you made a purchase.

Fred Rated

Re: Name of music store on Palm?

Post by Fred Rated » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:37 pm

In what era? I remember Ragin' Records being around there somewhere. I think I saw that they re-opened recently.

FormerlyFresnan

Post by FormerlyFresnan » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:12 pm

It might have been Spinners... but that was on Olive off of Echo.

Richard Frey

Post by Richard Frey » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:13 pm

About 1950 my uncle took my brother and me into the record store which was located about half way between Palm and Harrison on Olive on the south side of the street. He let us make a record to give to our parents. I remember that the uncut record had a center hole and a second hole so that it would not slip when the turntable turned it and the stylus cut the record with our voices on it. While it was recording, a hair size strand of the record material came from the stylus and we had to use a soft brush to keep it from getting in the way of the stylus as it was cutting the next groove. I sure wish that I knew where that record was today.