Manchester Mall (not Manchester Center)?

~
Do you remember the Country Boys Market with its wooden floors? Walter Smiths was the place to go for clothes on the Fulton Mall. Penny Candy had great blacklight posters and don't forget Whitie's Pet Store on Blackstone. What vintage retail do you remember growing up in Fresno?
~
Drakonyx

Manchester Mall (not Manchester Center)?

Post by Drakonyx » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:26 pm

There used to be an indoor mall north of Manchester Center, when the latter was still an outdoor shopping center. It was called, I think, Manchester Mall. It wasn't big, but I think it was the only other indoor mall in Fresno (Fashion Fair being the other) at the time. There was a small movie theater there, which later showed cheap movies, and a fairly big food court-type of restaurant inside. Does anyone remember what it was called? I think this place was operating into the early 80s before most of the stores went out of business and it was converted (oddly enough) a mostly vacant strip mall. It may still be there. Any info?

Big J

Re: Manchester Mall (not Manchester Center)?

Post by Big J » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:43 pm

It is still there...most of the last 30 years its been known as "Manchester North"

senpaidonna

Re: Manchester Mall (not Manchester Center)?

Post by senpaidonna » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:44 am

I loved that indoor mall! Movie at Manchester Cinema, lunch at Carnation's, and a walk down the little mall. Good times.