Lyon's at Fresno and Shaw

~
Do you remember the Country Boys Market with its wooden floors? Walter Smiths was the place to go for clothes on the Fulton Mall. Penny Candy had great blacklight posters and don't forget Whitie's Pet Store on Blackstone. What vintage retail do you remember growing up in Fresno?
~
Drakonyx

Lyon's at Fresno and Shaw

Post by Drakonyx » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:26 pm

Anyone remember this place? They had a location at Fresno and Shaw, and another (now a Denny's) at Shaw and West. This place was kind of like a Carrow's - a step up from Denny's but not too fancy. I spent several late nights hanging out there with friends in the late 70s and early 80s.

FresnoLetMeGo

Re: Lyon's

Post by FresnoLetMeGo » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:10 am

The last Lyons was in Stockton (we had two) and became a "Lumber Jacks" and had their "lumber jack" featured in the show "shipping wars". The place closed for a week and had a whole new look. The first Lyons to go (about 2002) had a totally Swank late 60's 70's feel to it dark red carpets, "exploding star" type lamps big high back booths lots of gold anodized trim and mirrors, Cigarette machine etc etc. Sad to see it knocked down, now sits a stupid elephant bar. Before and after of the one still open as Lumber jacks.

Photo credit: Gene Wright.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg (36.77 KiB) Viewed 7196 times

FresnoLetMeGo

Post by FresnoLetMeGo » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:32 pm

One more of the Lyons in Stockton late late 70's early 80's.. Before the shape of the roof was changed to the double slope.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (56.45 KiB) Viewed 7192 times

senpaidonna

Post by senpaidonna » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:37 am

I loved Lyon's.They had this crazy huge burger called the Mighty Lyon. Sooo good. The last time I was there, at the one near Fashion Fair, The lady in the booth next to us said to her companion, "I'll give you 37 cents for a piece of your toast and half yo egg," We laughed so loudly and for so long that they asked us to leave. I still miss that damn burger.