Old Motorcycle Shops

~
Do you remember the Country Boys Market with its wooden floors? Walter Smiths was the place to go for clothes on the Fulton Mall. Penny Candy had great blacklight posters and don't forget Whitie's Pet Store on Blackstone. What vintage retail do you remember growing up in Fresno?
~
sjvalleydave

Old Motorcycle Shops

Post by sjvalleydave » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:38 pm

A previous post about Maruko's made me think about the other long gone shops in the area. Here's some I can think of:

Green's Cyclery
Sumner's Suzuki
Fresno Kawasaki (worked there)
Fresno Yamaha
Sanger Honda
Clovis Honda
Maruko's Honda
I know there were more.

billmac

Re: Old Motorcycle Shops

Post by billmac » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:31 pm

I bought a new 1972 550 Suzuki GL 2 stroke triple cylinder from Bohner Suzuki on Blackstone. Took the bike to Texas the following year and a co-worker made me an offer I could not refuse.

sjvalleydave

Post by sjvalleydave » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:12 pm

That's right, forgot that Bohner's Boats was a Suzuki dealer also!! Also Kerman Honda...

billmac

Post by billmac » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:32 pm

Seems to me there was a Clausen Honda on Blackstone, around Shields. In about 1964, I went with a friend, Ronnie and his parents to buy him a Honda 50cc. It was a black, C110 model and it cost $275 brand new. Since we did not have a drivers license, we mostly rode it around in his back yard to avoid tickets. We had a lot of fun tearing up his parents yard. Unfortunately, Ronnie passed away this year in Clovis at the age of 60. He was a great guy and I appreciated his friendship.

sjvalleydave

Post by sjvalleydave » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:55 pm

Clawson Honda was on Blackstone just south of Shaw Ave, west side of Blackstone. Fun Cars is where it was. We lived next to a guy that worked as a mechanic on the bikes and boats, way before they got cars.