80s Dance Clubs in Fresno

~
Do you remember the Country Boys Market with its wooden floors? Walter Smiths was the place to go for clothes on the Fulton Mall. Penny Candy had great blacklight posters and don't forget Whitie's Pet Store on Blackstone. What vintage retail do you remember growing up in Fresno?
~
Bigmark

Re: 80s Dance Clubs in Fresno

Post by Bigmark » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:16 am

I remember a place called wacky Willie's on Blackstone. Not really a dance club but a hangout for teens with live music. Had a barn like atmosphere with hay bails and hay on the floor. Video games. Cool place around 1983-1985 or so.

ddhreiki

Post by ddhreiki » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:18 pm

Also Lucy's at the Airport Holiday Inn and Beethoven's Donwntown Holiday Inn. Papa Guayo's ( not sure of spelling) at Mark's and Ashlan. Those were the favorites of employees of Kmart Store #7379 W. Olive Ave. Gawd we always got called in to the personnel office on Mondays to get the don't fraternize by the store manager. Like we cared, the personnel manager was the one who got me in to those places when I started working there when i was 19 yrs old. What memories!!

Jmeister

Post by Jmeister » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:36 pm

What about the teen club called Satin's on Cedar and Shields? I went there once my Sophomore year...it was awesome!

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:57 pm

Knock three times on Shaw Ave and old town saloon downtown and the wild blue down by tower theatre. Oh, and a couple of clubs down by Herndon and black stone , can't recall names right now. I use to be an audio technician back in that era so I can still remember the niteclubs.

LULULULU MANFREDO

Post by LULULULU MANFREDO » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:44 am

Don't forget nashville west my mother in law worked as a bartender

cindyfels

Post by cindyfels » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:23 am

Dans Duplex just south of shields next to the railroad tracks

Lionsden

Post by Lionsden » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:33 am

How about the Glass Onion? Teen night spot - downtown Van Ness or something. Mid '70's.

I think it's a U-Haul place now and has been for years and years.

Abh3dad

Post by Abh3dad » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:03 am

There was Cats, Boogies and First Ave Nightclub in the Mid 80s

Sally Nanm

Post by Sally Nanm » Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:39 pm

The Quick Draw on blackstone/gettysburg..Cecelia and Sally were the waitresses..Joe owned it..burned down..Vesse Domino and the Soul Masters played there.at closing he.played on his trumpet WHEN THE SAINTS COME MARCHING IN....AT CLOSING TIME!!..then everyone headed to NASHVILLE WEST...

Greg

Post by Greg » Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:56 pm

You have it wrong it was the Scoreboard then it changed to Tequila Pete’s then the whole building was torn down and now it’s a Fish Restaurant