Glass Onion

~
Do you remember the Country Boys Market with its wooden floors? Walter Smiths was the place to go for clothes on the Fulton Mall. Penny Candy had great blacklight posters and don't forget Whitie's Pet Store on Blackstone. What vintage retail do you remember growing up in Fresno?
~
ca4niagrl

Glass Onion

Post by ca4niagrl » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:01 pm

Does anyone remember the Glass Onion? It was a place for teens to hang out and dance and was located on Blackstone..not sure exactly where...somwhere between Shields and Olive I think. I went there in 1975 or 1976 and was only about 15 so it must have been an under 21 club.

Fig Girl

Re: Glass Onion

Post by Fig Girl » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:06 pm

Glass Onion was between Blackstone and the Friant Curve. At one time it was a Christian Nightclub. (maybe 1976?)

ca4niagrl

Post by ca4niagrl » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:06 am

No, that wasn't the Glass Onion. That was the Agape Club. The Glass Onion was on Blackstone somewhere between Gettysburg and Olive on the west side of the street.

sjvalleydave

Post by sjvalleydave » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:53 pm

The Glass Onion was a dance place for under 21's. It was on the West side of Blackstone between Olive and Belmont in the old BoA Bremer Branch building...It is still there, if you get off off Hiway 180 westbound on the Abby Street exit as the exit curves north and then east, it is just north of the feeeway exit ramp...Last I remember it was a U Haul rental place..

ca4niagrl61

Post by ca4niagrl61 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:15 pm

Yes!! That's where it was. I knew the general vicinity but I couldn't remember how far south on Blackstone it was located. Thank you for the clarification.

Nitronerd

Post by Nitronerd » Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:31 pm

Glass Onion was on Blackstone, north of Belmont. I believe there is a U-Haul business in the building as of this posting. I was 16-years old when I met a beautiful, wild and free love and life-long friend in that club.