A store in Fashion Fair in the 1970s

~
Do you remember the Country Boys Market with its wooden floors? Walter Smiths was the place to go for clothes on the Fulton Mall. Penny Candy had great blacklight posters and don't forget Whitie's Pet Store on Blackstone. What vintage retail do you remember growing up in Fresno?
~
justinL

A store in Fashion Fair in the 1970s

Post by justinL » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:47 pm

We are trying to think of a store that was next to Winestock's at Fashion Fair that was there in the 70s where they sold mensware. Any Ideas?

crobby_52@yahoo.com

Re: A store in Fashion Fair in the 1970s

Post by crobby_52@yahoo.com » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:42 pm

are you talking about Walter Smith's or maybe Roos Atkins?

Alonso

Post by Alonso » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:26 pm

I think I know the store. It was the Wearhouse. It was a men's boutique store with very unique clothing for men. Two very old ladies used to work there as clerks. I bought a cool shirt there just before they closed.

pixiecat

Post by pixiecat » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:41 pm

Does anyone else remember Earthcraft? They sold pottery, macrame, and other earthy type things. I think that it was located in the section of the mall where Woolworth's restaurant, Doctor's Pets, and Carl's Jr. were located. I always liked that store.

frodoboy

Post by frodoboy » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:08 am

I used to work at Weinstock's. I'm trying to remember. I bought my first suit at Walter Smiths but it seemed a few doors down from Weinstock's on the North side. I think Roos Atkins was on the south side. It might have been the Wearhouse but I thought that came later.

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:35 pm

How about Millers Outpost ? They had the Bell Bottom Levis everyone wore. Still loving those.

Sharlsie

Post by Sharlsie » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:16 am

I used to buy all my Levis in a store at the mall too, but if you are looking at the mall from Shaw, Weinstocks was on the left hand side, right? I bought my Levis from a corner store on the far right and can't recall the name of it either. But I loved my Levis!

vinnyq

Post by vinnyq » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:36 pm

I believe the store is Coffee's. Short for Harry Coffee's, they also had a store on the Fulton Mall.

FresnoGiants

Post by FresnoGiants » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:38 pm

The men's store next to Weinstock's was Harry Coffee's--it was VERY expensive. Walter Smith was at the other end of the mall by JC Pennys.

jcred

Post by jcred » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:26 pm

You are talkin about walter smiths. Roos Adkins was at the other end of the mall and yes coffies is the store.