Arthur's Toys

~
Do you remember the Country Boys Market with its wooden floors? Walter Smiths was the place to go for clothes on the Fulton Mall. Penny Candy had great blacklight posters and don't forget Whitie's Pet Store on Blackstone. What vintage retail do you remember growing up in Fresno?
~

Re: Arthur's Toys

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:35 pm

The Ashlan Park location was the very last location where they were still in business I believe. I was never able to visit the Ashlan Park store. The store closed sometime between 2006-2008. Before that they were located on the northwest corner of Cedar and Shields in the McLane Neighborhood. The McLane store operated from the mid 1990s to early 2000s. I remembered visiting this store as a teenager and buying some model kits. The McLane store is now a thrift's store for American Veterans. I was also able fortunate enough to visit their Chestnut store as a kid back in the 80s. The store was located on the southeast corner of Chestnut and Tulaure on what is now an Asian Supermarket. The Chestnut store was huge. I remembered buying some GI Joes from this location.

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:31 pm

I forgot to add, after their McLane location and before their Ashlan Park location, Arthur's Toys relocated at the Mayfair Shopping Center. Probably around 2003-2004. It was a very brief stay if I recalled correctly. Most likely a few months to a year there.

Marta73

Post by Marta73 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:40 am

I used to go to the Arthur’s Toys on Tulare and chestnut my mother bought me a doll that was so beautiful I’m a doll collector now and still looking for it iv searched the adds from those days and no luck can any one help me? Maybe talking to the owners daughter

Marta73

Post by Marta73 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:51 am

This message is for Eric your cousin was the manager when I went there in 1984 perhaps he would be able to help me find this doll

Lizzyk

Post by Lizzyk » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:26 am

I remember the owner of Arthur’s toys walkimg into my classroom at sacred heart school when I was in the first grade. This was in 1993-1994 I believe..
All the students were going to win a gift certificate to Arthur’s toys. And it was whoever won the coloring contest.I was so excited. I didn’t think I would win, but they called out my name for the best coloring in my classroom ☺️ A week later I went with my
Mom, dad & sister and picked out my “don’t wake daddy
Game” and i still have it too. That’s a blast from my past.

Clipper cat

Post by Clipper cat » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:35 pm

I was very young when Cameron's toy store was (I believe) on Fulton--a tiny store with some classy toys, some not so much. Hadn't thought of it for years til I saw this post. One year--I think I was in first grade, which I started at age 4--Santa brought me a metal horsie I could ride by pushing the pedals (stirrups) down. It came from Cameron's. At my age I'd be surprised if anyone else remembers that store. I may be wrong about the Fulton Street part . . .

Citizenhearst

Re: Arthur's Toys book coming soon local author..

Post by Citizenhearst » Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:46 am

Star wars toys IF kept in sealed u opened package from Arthurs would blow your mind at current ebay prices as kids are buying back their 'dads arms on their shoulders'. ( Lionel toy train marketing ad reference....best toy company for 120 years had same ad of dad with arm on kid with moon saucer eyes at controls ..."Iove you dad" "you can be like me son, love you too" or kid take control so to speak of industry and buy childhood toys at 15 thousand and up....but they want their dad back really that Christmas morning ...

An unused toy ..really nothing more sad tragic or bizrree....even star wars toy collectors are rich now.......still poor in spirit if missed out on "ewok encounters" when your a kid having fun with an imagination

Nothing seem evil as you are innocent

sland of Dr .Moreau referrnces here Leia dates ewok so to speak ....

Citizenhearst

Post by Citizenhearst » Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:49 am

Island of Dr Moreau.....last brando film had cross species inhabitants....most banned book eve from famous Father of sci Fi...bet .Modesto trillionaire George star wars Lucas (Jr) his father was my grandad's business competition in Fresno.....but that's a other post

Citizenhearst

Post by Citizenhearst » Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:50 am

Bet Modesto's star wars Lucas guy liked book...maybe film?.

Fred Rated

Post by Fred Rated » Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:46 pm

Citizenhearst wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:50 am
Bet Modesto's star wars Lucas guy liked book...maybe film?.
Did your meds get lost in the mail?