Arthur's Toys

~
Do you remember the Country Boys Market with its wooden floors? Walter Smiths was the place to go for clothes on the Fulton Mall. Penny Candy had great blacklight posters and don't forget Whitie's Pet Store on Blackstone. What vintage retail do you remember growing up in Fresno?
~

Re: Arthur's Toys

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:35 pm

The Ashlan Park location was the very last location where they were still in business I believe. I was never able to visit the Ashlan Park store. The store closed sometime between 2006-2008. Before that they were located on the northwest corner of Cedar and Shields in the McLane Neighborhood. The McLane store operated from the mid 1990s to early 2000s. I remembered visiting this store as a teenager and buying some model kits. The McLane store is now a thrift's store for American Veterans. I was also able fortunate enough to visit their Chestnut store as a kid back in the 80s. The store was located on the southeast corner of Chestnut and Tulaure on what is now an Asian Supermarket. The Chestnut store was huge. I remembered buying some GI Joes from this location.

Re: Arthur's Toys

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:31 pm

I forgot to add, after their McLane location and before their Ashlan Park location, Arthur's Toys relocated at the Mayfair Shopping Center. Probably around 2003-2004. It was a very brief stay if I recalled correctly. Most likely a few months to a year there.