Wonderland Skating Rink

~
Nothing struck fear into a young boy like the high dive tower at Blakely's. Or perhaps you preferred the water slide at Maple Plunge. But to a young man, Lake Millerton or Lost Lake was the destination. Remember the ice rink in Pinedale? Post your favorite Summer Activity here.
~
Leaky1970

Wonderland Skating Rink

Post by Leaky1970 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:49 pm

One of my favorite memories was when I was in Junior High (Alexander Hamilton Jr. High) I loved going to the skating rink with my girlfriend's to meet up with boys. One who remains in my memory was a guy name Danny Stohl who lived in a town outside of Fresno, I'm thinking it was Reedley. However, kids came from all over the valley, to skate the night away & meet up with someone special.

Although, I met my heart throb at a after hours sock hop. They started at midnight. My first encounter with Paul Revere & the Raiders was at Wonderland! That's where I feel in love with Mark Lindsay their lead singer! I even caught his guitar pick, which cinched that love always from afar!

Great memories at Wonderland Skating Rink.

phillg

Re: Wonderland Skating Rink

Post by phillg » Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:35 pm

Did Wonderland ever move to a different place or open in more than one location?