Wonderland Swim Club

~
Nothing struck fear into a young boy like the high dive tower at Blakely's. Or perhaps you preferred the water slide at Maple Plunge. But to a young man, Lake Millerton or Lost Lake was the destination. Remember the ice rink in Pinedale? Post your favorite Summer Activity here.
~
Christopher Stone

Wonderland Swim Club

Post by Christopher Stone » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:33 pm

It was Wonderland when I went there. I remember hearing "Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini" there on my transistor radio for the first time. Maybe it later morphed into Soupie. There was also a Wonderland roller skating rink.
Attachments
The_Fresno_Bee_The_Republic.jpg
Click to Enlarge / Fresno Bee - May 17, 1964

fresno oyea

Wonderland Pool

Post by fresno oyea » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:12 pm

Wonderland was at Blackstone and Shaw behind the old Blackstone Bowl. It was an apartment complex that opened during summer, cost was a dime or quarter. It had a high dive, snack bar, lockers and was a great place to go!

staffero

Re: Wonderland Pool

Post by staffero » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:52 am

Wonderland was where Torinos is off Blackstone and Shaw. The KYNO millionaire would throw silver dollars into the pool so kids could dive for them.

jong559

Wonderland Pool behind the Skating Rink

Post by jong559 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:20 pm

Wonderland swimming pool was at Blackstone and Shaw behind Wonderland Skating Rink. It was a hotel with a large pool that they would open to the public during the summer.
Attachments
Fresno-Bee-Sun-Jun-13-1971.jpg
Click to Enlarge / Fresno Bee - June 13, 1971