Pee Wee Playland and the Ponys

~
Nothing struck fear into a young boy like the high dive tower at Blakely's. Or perhaps you preferred the water slide at Maple Plunge. But to a young man, Lake Millerton or Lost Lake was the destination. Remember the ice rink in Pinedale? Post your favorite Summer Activity here.
~
don howard

Pee Wee Playland and the Ponys

Post by don howard » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:02 pm

Does any one remember PEE WEE PLAYLAND it was out their too on Blackstone. Do you have any pictures? When you were on the rides, do you remember the ponys: TONY, PAPPY, SILVER and JOE? I grew up working at that place, the owner's name was ROLAND STACK. He was a good guy and was a sheet-metal worker and build a train out of sheet-metal and a car engine. He started on old 99 by the park and moved to Blackstone.

*Note from admin: Newspaper clipping added from 1948 showing Pee Wee Playland ad.
Attachments
The_Fresno_Bee_The_Republic.jpg
Fresno Bee - Fri. May 7, 1948 - Pee Wee ad

dulcie

Re: Soupie's or Wonderland Pool?

Post by dulcie » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:52 pm

@Howard. Pee Wee Playland! It was located on the southwest corner of Clinton and Blackstone. Pappy bit me once and I had to go to the emergency room for a tetanus shot!

*Note by admin: Newspaper clipping from 1948 showing "Edda Mussolini" the Trick Donkey. It wasn't "Pappy" but we thought it was appropriate.
Attachments
The_Fresno_Bee_The_Republic.jpg
Fresno Bee - Fri. April 2, 1948 - Pee Wee ad