Wildwood Park

~
Nothing struck fear into a young boy like the high dive tower at Blakely's. Or perhaps you preferred the water slide at Maple Plunge. But to a young man, Lake Millerton or Lost Lake was the destination. Remember the ice rink in Pinedale? Post your favorite Summer Activity here.
~
sam

Re: Wildwood Park

Post by sam » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:27 pm

My first memories are of Wildwood Beach Club. My parents started it, and I lived in the cinder block house with them by the river. The Cobb family lived next door, and their house was the first thing visible when after making the turn of of highway 41 to go down the long drive to the club. Loved seeing the article about the opening and reading about the good memories.

kurtsmith404@aol.com

Re: Wildwood Park

Post by kurtsmith404@aol.com » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:20 pm

During the early to mid 1960's, I was friends with the Mazziliano family - we all lived near and attended Roeding Elementary at West / Dakota. They were members at Wildwood, and on many summer days, all of us would pile into their car, and get driven out to Wildwood. We would swim all day, explore the river for great distances in each direction, and otherwise just have a great time being kids. I am forever indebted to the Mazziliano family for all the great memories of those days at Wildwood