Parking (Necking) at Lost Lake

~
Nothing struck fear into a young boy like the high dive tower at Blakely's. Or perhaps you preferred the water slide at Maple Plunge. But to a young man, Lake Millerton or Lost Lake was the destination. Remember the ice rink in Pinedale? Post your favorite Summer Activity here.
~
Fresburg Guy

Parking (Necking) at Lost Lake

Post by Fresburg Guy » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:18 am

And I don't mean where to leave your car but when us guys took a date up to the lake. In fact it was my very first outing when I learned to drive and took my 15 year old girlfriend to Lost Lake. Of couse it was during the day on a Sunday and her big sister was in the back seat as well but still. In later years, we would drive up to the "lake" at night for the hell of it. And sometimes it would even be with a gal to "park". I always heard that the large steep pit at the end was there because they dug it up for gravel for the making of Friant Dam. To this day I remember it as one ugly place. But I hear the fishing is good.

Sharlsie

Re: Parking at Lost Lake

Post by Sharlsie » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:39 am

I remember my dad used to take me and my brothers to Lost Lake just to play and have picnics. I never went there to "park" with a boyfriend, though I suppose it would have made a good place to do so, even if it was a little far out there.

sjvalleydave

Re: Parking at Lost Lake

Post by sjvalleydave » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:45 pm

I remember back in the 70's at the north end of Lost Lake you could ride dirt bikes in a small area and be legal! LOL You made a right at the intersection in the park at the river and went until the road ended and unloaded the dirt bike. I also remember when I was a kid that on the right before Friant they used to have hill climbs on the range of hills that now have houses on them...right before toen. But of course, back then a drive from Fresno to Friant was a drive! :)