Fishin' Fresno

~
Nothing struck fear into a young boy like the high dive tower at Blakely's. Or perhaps you preferred the water slide at Maple Plunge. But to a young man, Lake Millerton or Lost Lake was the destination. Remember the ice rink in Pinedale? Post your favorite Summer Activity here.
~
Hamm On Wry

Fishin' Fresno

Post by Hamm On Wry » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:09 am

Central California is a wonderful place to enjoy outdoor sports; fishing, hunting, hiking, etc.... With a short drive, you can enjoy some of the best outdoor life in the country. What I would like to see is some of the reader's favorite fishing holes and spots in the Fresno area... say within an hour's drive from Fresno. My two favorites were the Kings River below Pine Flat Dam and the Mendota Slough. On weekends I would ride my bike to one of those two places, starting out long before the sun came up on Saturday morning, and returning either Saturday evening or Sunday afternoon. (Thank heaven for lightweight Boy Scout tents!) I would take snacks with me, but for the most part, I would eat some of my catch cooked over an open campfire. There is nothing in the world better than fresh caught trout and a cup of instant coffee enjoyed while next to a rushing river while the sun is just coming up! So c'mon, tell us about your favorite spots and some of your fishing stories.

NettiesKid

Re: Fishin' Fresno

Post by NettiesKid » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:01 pm

My dad and I used to fish together every summer and autumn all through the central valley. Two of our favorite spots were Ball Ranch and Hensley Lake.