Bass Lake

~
Nothing struck fear into a young boy like the high dive tower at Blakely's. Or perhaps you preferred the water slide at Maple Plunge. But to a young man, Lake Millerton or Lost Lake was the destination. Remember the ice rink in Pinedale? Post your favorite Summer Activity here.
~
benzlere

Bass Lake

Post by benzlere » Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:54 pm

Not to forget Bass Lake, as a kid parents would go every summer to the PG&E camp and fish all the time I was there, and swim in the Lake with the large tree to roll over and jump off the platform floating in the lake. Pick black berries, burn marsh mellow and camp fire.

kmcc01

Re: Bass Lake

Post by kmcc01 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:25 pm

The Hell's Angels. used to go up there every Memorial Day back in the 70's.

Fresburger

Post by Fresburger » Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:22 pm

Watch the movie “The Great Outdoors” with John Candy and Dan Accroid (sp?). I was all filmed at Bass Lake! My friend’s parents owned an A frame cabin there so I occasionally got to go up there on weekends. Being the stupid kids that we were, we would get up on the hill across the road from where the Hells Angels would hang out and yell at them. They would act like they were going to chase us and of course we ran like hell up the hill!

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:24 pm

Fresburger wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:22 pm
Watch the movie “The Great Outdoors” with John Candy and Dan Accroid (sp?). It was all filmed at Bass Lake! My friend’s parents owned an A frame cabin there so I occasionally got to go up from Fresno on some weekends. Being the stupid kids that we were, we would get up on the hill across the road from where the Hells Angels would hang out and yell at them. They would act like they were going to chase us and of course we ran like hell up the hill!

Las north fork

Post by Las north fork » Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:15 am

I grew up in north fork we spent a lot of time at bass lake during the summer. The pines,killer place to be when your a kid.