Nancy's on Maroa - Fine Dining

~
Pulling into the Mars Drive-in for a Lime Rickey. Ordering up a burger from the car hop at the A&W on Blackstone. Checking out the action at Bob's Big Boy. Your favorite grilled cheese sandwich at the Woolworths Counter. Don't forget loading up at Perry Boys Smorgy. What eats do you miss?
~
Lost Fresno
Site Admin

Nancy's on Maroa - Fine Dining

Post by Lost Fresno » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:34 pm

When I was a senior at McLane, my mother managed the dining room at Nancy's which as many of you will remember, was across the street from the Hi Life. My soon to be step father, was one of the owners at the time. You can see Marion Hansard's name at the bottom of the attached ad from the Fresno Bee. The Maroa area was THE place to go and be seen. Does anybody remember the artist colony near there?
Attachments
nancys.jpg
Fresno Bee - June 12, 1970 - Nancy's ad

sirfresnoian

Re: Nancy's on Maroa - Fine Dining

Post by sirfresnoian » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:48 pm

Nancy's was so classy. Plus it was right next to the Hi-Life so on either side of the street you couldn't go wrong. Maroa was a one-way street and after zooming by both those restaurants you got to dive under the Santa Fe tracks tunnel, which was always a lot of fun. However, I never knew it changed hands so much.
Attachments
once more nancys.jpg
Click to Enlarge / Fresno Bee -Oct. 18, 1970

PatriceN

Re: Nancy's on Maroa - Fine Dining

Post by PatriceN » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:58 am

I sure do remember. I remember going there and having a wonderful dinner, but what really impressed me was the booths had telephones. Didn't Nancy's become Nicola's? Another great restaurant gone.