Pepe' Taco

~
Pulling into the Mars Drive-in for a Lime Rickey. Ordering up a burger from the car hop at the A&W on Blackstone. Checking out the action at Bob's Big Boy. Your favorite grilled cheese sandwich at the Woolworths Counter. Don't forget loading up at Perry Boys Smorgy. What eats do you miss?
~
radionut

Pepe' Taco

Post by radionut » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:17 am

Blacstone and Clinton- early 70s (late 60s?) Goodlord the 'special' combination burrito was incredible! ohhhya! Taco Bell was just starting to expand into Fresno at the time. Pepe' Taco closed, I think it was summer of '72. Bummer. Lo-and-behold it re-incarnated, an exact replica of the building and menu, within a couple months on the main drag of ORANGE COVE of all places! My old stomping' grounds! I haven't been to OC in many years, but I know Pepe' Taco was there for a least a couple decades. I have no idea if or when, but I expect it probably became something else probably at least a decade ago. But that 'special' combination burrito was a staple for me during my FCC days.

JOSEGUNN

Re: Pepe' Taco

Post by JOSEGUNN » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:10 pm

I grew up in O.C. and Pepe Taco was a block from my house. I never went there but it was open for a very long time and closed in the early 90's or late 80's. It was a Mexican restaurant for a little while, then a Chinese restaurant. Not sure if it's open since I don't go to town a whole lot. Building is still there. Do you remember playing arcade games at the B & B?