Pine Cone Inn

~
Pulling into the Mars Drive-in for a Lime Rickey. Ordering up a burger from the car hop at the A&W on Blackstone. Checking out the action at Bob's Big Boy. Your favorite grilled cheese sandwich at the Woolworths Counter. Don't forget loading up at Perry Boys Smorgy. What eats do you miss?
~
Drakonyx

Pine Cone Inn

Post by Drakonyx » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:06 pm

When I was very young, there was a place called the Pine Cone Inn near 99 off Olive or Belmont - somewhere in that area. I don't remember a thing about the food that was served there, but I do remember (being a kid at the time) a wooden treasure chest from which young patrons such as myself were invited to choose a small toy each time we visited. Does anyone else remember this place?

Re: Pine Cone Inn

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:09 pm

I remember the Pine Cone very well; it had a second restaurant called the Tradewinds. We used to go there all the time because it was nearby. It was on my fathers way to work, so he and his friends used to meet there early, so he knew all the staff. I remember the treasure chest, as well as the childs menu which doubled as a cardboard pirate mask (two holes fit over your ears. On my 4th birthday (early 1960's) we went there for dinner. I suddenly found myself surrounded by waitstaff with a cake singing Happy Birthday. By the end of the song I was under the table. Last time I was there was when I spend the night before leaving for basic training in the late 70's.