Love's on Blackstone

~
Pulling into the Mars Drive-in for a Lime Rickey. Ordering up a burger from the car hop at the A&W on Blackstone. Checking out the action at Bob's Big Boy. Your favorite grilled cheese sandwich at the Woolworths Counter. Don't forget loading up at Perry Boys Smorgy. What eats do you miss?
~
Drakonyx

Love's on Blackstone

Post by Drakonyx » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:04 pm

Does anyone else remember a place called Love's on Blackstone? It had a big heart-shaped sign with the name of the restaurant written in cursive across it. They made some of the best sloppy joes around.

C2H5OH

Re: Love's

Post by C2H5OH » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:56 pm

Yes, it was a wood pit BBQ chain. I think they started in Southern California. Most of their locations have closed but the company may have survived.
Attachments
mermaid-show.jpg
Click to Enlarge / Fresno Bee - Fri. Sept. 13, 1970

PatriceN

Re: Love's

Post by PatriceN » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:37 pm

I loved the BBQ at Loves. I had a boyfriend who was a cook there in the 1970's. Does anyone remember the name of the place that moved into the building? It was a 1950's type place. I remember eating there but I can't think of the name.

Fred Rated

Re: Love's on Blackstone

Post by Fred Rated » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:42 pm

The baked beans were all I'd ever eat there. It was also the first place I ever tasted alcohol. They had these little cardboard standup things on the table depicting what I'm assuming was a strawberry daiquiri which I thought looked like a milkshake and cried when my mother told me I couldn't have it. After she'd had enough of that she told the waitress to bring me one and after doing a double take she obliged. It was placed in front of me, I took a sip and sunk back down into my seat trying to make myself invisible and cried some more. It was then taken away and replaced with a soda and I cannot stand the taste of alcohol to this day.