What about Estrada's?

~
Pulling into the Mars Drive-in for a Lime Rickey. Ordering up a burger from the car hop at the A&W on Blackstone. Checking out the action at Bob's Big Boy. Your favorite grilled cheese sandwich at the Woolworths Counter. Don't forget loading up at Perry Boys Smorgy. What eats do you miss?
~
bedrock

What about Estrada's?

Post by bedrock » Wed May 01, 2013 8:58 pm

The old house where the old Estrada's was. I don't remember where it was. Amazing to me in my child memory, back door to-go. Those spicy noodle thingys with the beans and frijoles. What a great and beautiful place!

cheers,
bedrock
Attachments
The_Fresno_Bee_The_Republican_Sun__Oct_17__1965_.jpg
Fresno Bee - Oct. 17, 1965

sjvalleydave

Re: What about Estrada's??

Post by sjvalleydave » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:48 pm

On east side of Blackstone south of Belmont. Not too far north of the DiCicco's...

Elizabird

Re: What about Estrada's?

Post by Elizabird » Mon May 23, 2016 6:04 pm

Estradas was the earliest and best Mexican dinner house in the Valley. We took all visitors there for special outings, and our kids matured into making special birthday dinner requests of their own. The tostada compuesta was stellar, and the chile rellenos were poetry on the plate. Estradas remains the gold standard for me...45 years of memory, Fresno is lost indeed.
Attachments
The_Fresno_Bee_The_Republican_Mon__Jul_15__1968_.jpg
Fresno Bee - July 15, 1968

PatriceN

Re: What about Estrada's?

Post by PatriceN » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:35 pm

Who can ever forget those wonderful tostadas? For years I tried to make the tomato sauce that was on the top. I came close a few times but no cigar. When they moved we were there on the first day. We were so sad when they moved to Blackstone but when they closed for good we lost the best Spanish restsurant ever.