Hi Life Resturant on Maroa

~
Pulling into the Mars Drive-in for a Lime Rickey. Ordering up a burger from the car hop at the A&W on Blackstone. Checking out the action at Bob's Big Boy. Your favorite grilled cheese sandwich at the Woolworths Counter. Don't forget loading up at Perry Boys Smorgy. What eats do you miss?
~
Lost Fresno
Site Admin

Hi Life Resturant on Maroa

Post by Lost Fresno » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:30 am

Back in the day, this was one of the best eateries in Fresno. Not sure if it is even there anymore. It was my first expensive restaurant I ever took a date to. I was so clueless at the time that when the waitress dropped the check off, I got up and started to patrol the restaurant looking for the cash register. Finally, the freaked out waitress tracked me down - thinking that I was trying to skip out on the check. After a few seconds of talking to me, she realized that I was just ignorant of fine dinning protocol. Ahh, to be young again! Here is a photo of the Hi Life menu. Can you say Filet Mignon for $7.50?
Attachments
fresno hi life 2.jpg
fresno hi life 1.jpg
fresno hi life 1.jpg (32.16 KiB) Viewed 7546 times

sjvalleydave

Re: Hi Life Resturant on Maroa

Post by sjvalleydave » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:06 pm

It has been closed for over 20 years...There was a nice Chinese Restaurant there in the early 1990's that I sold wine and liquor to....Wang's Panda...I think it is gone also..Right where the tracks cross Van Ness on the East side....

Big J

Re: Hi Life Resturant on Maroa

Post by Big J » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:52 pm

yeah, Wang's Panda is gone too. Basque place now.