Verns Burgers

~
Pulling into the Mars Drive-in for a Lime Rickey. Ordering up a burger from the car hop at the A&W on Blackstone. Checking out the action at Bob's Big Boy. Your favorite grilled cheese sandwich at the Woolworths Counter. Don't forget loading up at Perry Boys Smorgy. What eats do you miss?
~
LftFrsno1972

Verns Burgers

Post by LftFrsno1972 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:51 am

Across the street from Roosevelt High, about 20 feet square. Burgers and Burritos for 25 cents each! This was in 1970-1972 not pre war era. Vern's wife always said she could tell we were smoking weed because our eyes looked Chinese. She should have been grateful that we were smoking, we all went there and pigged out afterward.

PatriceN

Re: Verns Burgers

Post by PatriceN » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:09 pm

That is where you could find us before school at lunch and after school. We had a lot of good times there. I had a bag of weed and I was going to sell it, well Vern caught me and yelled ""Virginia bolt the doors and call the cops shes selling drugs" That was no joke in the early 1970's, so I got to the door first and ran. They never were going to call the cops, they were just trying to scare me. They wouldnt let me back in for a few weeks, and I never tried to sell drugs there again