Stanley's and Mr. D's Restaurants?

~
Pulling into the Mars Drive-in for a Lime Rickey. Ordering up a burger from the car hop at the A&W on Blackstone. Checking out the action at Bob's Big Boy. Your favorite grilled cheese sandwich at the Woolworths Counter. Don't forget loading up at Perry Boys Smorgy. What eats do you miss?
~
SuzyA

Stanley's and Mr. D's Restaurants?

Post by SuzyA » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:34 am

So glad I found this site! I've been looking thru 1975 calendar kept as a diary and have written down several times eating at Stanley's. For the life of me can't recall just where this restaurant was, Fig Garden Village? Anyone remember? Also Mr. D's (was this restaurant in Clovis or Sunnyside?). We so enjoyed eating at the Outpost, Refectory, Casa Canales and Farrells (building now torn down June 2011 at Fig Garden - heard Bank is to be built on site, but not sure this is fact). Also Loved DiCicco's on Cedar and Fountain Way and on Blackstone too. So many memories coming back.

Susan. Lived in Fresno since August 1970

westernfb

Re: Stanley's and Mr. D's Restaurants?

Post by westernfb » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:14 am

Suzy, I worked as a bus boy at Stanley's for a few months. It was located near Cedar and Shaw, next to the Black Angus, which came along well after Stanley's opened.

dnewkirk

Re: Stanley's and Mr. D's Restaurants?

Post by dnewkirk » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:27 pm

If I'm not mistaken the original Stanley's was downtown near the hospital (Divisidero?). It later moved to the north town location you mentioned