Zenny's Mexican / American Food

~
Pulling into the Mars Drive-in for a Lime Rickey. Ordering up a burger from the car hop at the A&W on Blackstone. Checking out the action at Bob's Big Boy. Your favorite grilled cheese sandwich at the Woolworths Counter. Don't forget loading up at Perry Boys Smorgy. What eats do you miss?
~
chris3dog

Zenny's Mexican / American Food

Post by chris3dog » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:36 pm

Am I the only person who remembers Zenny's, Mexican/American food on the corner of Blackstone & Olive? I moved to Fresno in July of 1965 and would grab a bite after making a few bar stops. The food was pretty good, and inexpensive.
Attachments
The_Fresno_Bee_The_Republican_Fri__Jun_6__1969_.jpg
Fresno Bee - Friday June 6, 1969 - Zenny's ad

organistspouse

Re: eateries

Post by organistspouse » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:31 pm

I remember Zennys. In truth, a Zennys combo plate, probably $1.99 at the time, was among my last Fresno restaurant dinners before I moved to Hollywood in September 1969.

aday4me

Re: eateries

Post by aday4me » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:00 am

I remember Zenny's but I don't remember exactly where it was on Belmont. For some reason I thought it was further west on Belmont than Blackstone. I remember Bob's Big Boy being on the corner of Blackstone and Belmont.

SharonC1938

Re: Zenny's Mexican / American Food

Post by SharonC1938 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:36 pm

I definitely remember Zenny's because it was one of my favorites. When I was pregnant with my first child in 1961, I always craved Zenny's enchiladas and my husband enjoyed going there and ordering their combination dinners, too. It was very economical; a casual place to eat; and the service was always good. I believe it was on Belmont Avenue. I was very sad when they closed.