Jet Drive-In!

~
Pulling into the Mars Drive-in for a Lime Rickey. Ordering up a burger from the car hop at the A&W on Blackstone. Checking out the action at Bob's Big Boy. Your favorite grilled cheese sandwich at the Woolworths Counter. Don't forget loading up at Perry Boys Smorgy. What eats do you miss?
~
McLane 1971

Jet Drive-In!

Post by McLane 1971 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:36 pm

Jet Drive-In on First Street between McKinley and Olive! Besssst burgers and milkshakes in town!

Sharlsie

Re: Jet Drive-In!

Post by Sharlsie » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:20 am

Oh wow!! I was trying to remember the name of that restaurant, it was kind of round, right? My dad used to go there all the time and have his coffee.

Stan the Man

Post by Stan the Man » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:52 pm

Several of us would go there all the time. Sit in the back room at the big corner booth. We closed the place down a lot of nights at 11:00 PM after playing softball. Great burgers for sure. Enjoyed their trademark meal...the Broasted Chicken dinners. Also remember the Frosties with the cherry on top?? Eddie and Hazel owned the place. We became good friends. Eddie would look out that little window, from the kitchen, to keep an eye on us kids. Great place, great people. Gone now unfortunately.

ruebers

Post by ruebers » Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:29 pm

The Jet Drive in, owned by Eddie & Hazel Weibert, was the place to go Sunday nights after church. Their chili burritos were out of this world. I've never had anything even close to them in flavor. I have such good memories of those days in the 1960's. I was also crazy about the Weibert's youngest son. Oh those days!!!!