DiCicco's near McClane high school?

~
Pulling into the Mars Drive-in for a Lime Rickey. Ordering up a burger from the car hop at the A&W on Blackstone. Checking out the action at Bob's Big Boy. Your favorite grilled cheese sandwich at the Woolworths Counter. Don't forget loading up at Perry Boys Smorgy. What eats do you miss?
~
LP

DiCicco's near McClane high school?

Post by LP » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:13 pm

Not sure of the exact location or if it is still there, but my family used to go to this DiCicco's all the time late 60s to mid 70s. The building was brick and close to the main street in a strip mall area. When we had family members visiting from out of town, we'd always book the banquet room and the owner would chat with us during the meal. They would refill the wine glasses throughout the night and dinner was served family style. I remember how I liked watching the pizza makers spin the dough in the air right by the entrance. So much good food, we'd always be so full by the end of the night.

Lost Fresno
Site Admin

Re: DiCicco's near McClane high school?

Post by Lost Fresno » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:49 pm

OK, this is the building I remember it being located in but everybody else I know says it's always been a Mexican joint. What do you think? The location you spoke of is spot on. This is it.
Attachments
building.jpg

Big J

Post by Big J » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:42 pm

That's it indeed. Was a DiCicco's till about a year ago.

LP

Post by LP » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:08 pm

That's definitely the building! thx so much for posting the pic :)

SuzyA

Post by SuzyA » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:02 am

Cedar and Fountain Way! I had my very first Calzoni here in 1971! I was working in Medical Office on Clinton & Cedar. I was fairly new to Fresno and office staff occasionally lunched at this DiCicco's, and Cedar Lanes (best hamburger ever)! They also introduced me to Lauck's Bakery Strawberry Pizza.

harleyohn

Post by harleyohn » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:37 pm

That was Nic Dicicco's Place.

sjvalleydave

Post by sjvalleydave » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:33 pm

The building now has another old Fresno restaurant in it...El Torro Cafe that was for years in the Cedar & Shields shopping center on the SE corner moved into it...The center was remodeled and they had to move and so they are in the old Dicicco's