A&W on Blackstone

~
Pulling into the Mars Drive-in for a Lime Rickey. Ordering up a burger from the car hop at the A&W on Blackstone. Checking out the action at Bob's Big Boy. Your favorite grilled cheese sandwich at the Woolworths Counter. Don't forget loading up at Perry Boys Smorgy. What eats do you miss?
~
58pacer

Re: A&W on Blackstone

Post by 58pacer » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:23 pm

You wouldn't be known as Linda? Really casting a long-shot now!

pacer

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:25 am

I remember the Clovis A&W on the N/E corner of Clovis Ave, and 5th St. I don't remember the closing date, but in 1975, I went to Clark Jr. High and don't remember it being open then.

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:19 pm

Was the Blackstone A&W previously a "Norm's Drive In"? This is going waayyyy back.

sjvalleydave

Post by sjvalleydave » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:50 pm

Don't think so. Norm's started in the Mayfair shopping center and then moved to the SW corner of Blackstone and Shaw, just north of the old Clawson Boats/Honda dealership...

Scott-o-rama

Post by Scott-o-rama » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:52 pm

Norm Christensen (RIP) initially struggled but eventually did just OK with his Norm's Drive-ins. Then he bought Clausen's Boats and shortly thereafter got the Honda Motorcycle franchise at Clausen's. That was a home run for Norm, but then he got the Honda car franchise, as well! After that he was pretty well set. He then bought a cattle ranch and the marina rights at Millerton, the marina rights at Folsom Lake near Sacramento, and a 105K acre cattle ranch in eastern Oregon. My brother married into the Christensen family and I always thought Norm -- with his entrepreneurial spirit -- and his sibs were an interesting bunch.