Casa Canales

~
Pulling into the Mars Drive-in for a Lime Rickey. Ordering up a burger from the car hop at the A&W on Blackstone. Checking out the action at Bob's Big Boy. Your favorite grilled cheese sandwich at the Woolworths Counter. Don't forget loading up at Perry Boys Smorgy. What eats do you miss?
~
MJB

Casa Canales

Post by MJB » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:48 pm

Anyone remember Casa Canales? It was located where the Fresno Basque restaurant is now, on Maroa south of Shields, across the street from the old Nicoles and Roger Rocka's pub (both gone now). Casa Canales had the very best enchiladas I've ever had. No other restaurant makes them the way they did. It was a great loss when they closed.
Attachments
canales.jpg
Fresno Bee - May 10, 1969 / Click to Enlarge

Lost Fresno
Site Admin

Re: Casa Canales

Post by Lost Fresno » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:38 am

Interesting how this forum can touch the most obscure events to an individual's life growing up in Fresno. As it happened, the owners of Casa Canales lived right next door to where I grew up at Cedar and Ashlan. Their daughter became best friends with my sister, Beth Ann. However, they never brought us any of their famous Enchiladas! Not that they should of, but it would of been nice. Heck, I never even went to their restaurant! But I knew they owned Casa Canales.
Attachments
canales2.jpg
Fresno Bee - Sept 25, 1970 / Click to Enlarge

Linkslady

Re: Casa Canales

Post by Linkslady » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:58 pm

If I remember correctly, it was originally on Olive just west of Palm. And yes - enchiladas were awesome!!