Al Radka hosting movies on TV

~
You just got home from school and it’s Channel 30 Fun Time! Or maybe Nancy Allen's Movie Matinee on Channel 24. Don’t forget the BOSS 30's #1 KYNO. If you were sophisticated, you only listened to KFIG on some new airwave called FM. We honor the late great Al Radka here at Lost Fresno whose motto was Lettuce Eat it!
~
Clipper cat

Al Radka hosting movies on TV

Post by Clipper cat » Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:55 am

This is a vague memory at best--sorry in advance. I was a late night TV viewer in the 50s and 60s, and I think Al Radka briefly hosted a late night screening of obscure movies. I swear I saw the stunning 1950s Japanese classic Ugetsu one night. Cut up with commercial breaks as was always the sad fate of movies on TV, it still was a work far in advance of Hollywood's output. I've never forgotten it . Radka's on-screen persona was pretty clownish, so I question that I remember it was he who brought this to my attention. Vague memory indeed. Anybody else??

REBELTF

Re: Al Radka hosting movies on TV

Post by REBELTF » Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:32 pm

I recall Al Radka's Fright Night. every friday night at 10 or later maybe, a different horror film would show. i think on kmph 26.