The Bonadelle Homes Jingle

~
You just got home from school and it’s Channel 30 Fun Time! Or maybe Nancy Allen's Movie Matinee on Channel 24. Don’t forget the BOSS 30's #1 KYNO. If you were sophisticated, you only listened to KFIG on some new airwave called FM. We honor the late great Al Radka here at Lost Fresno whose motto was Lettuce Eat it!
~
Jackie Rabbit

The Bonadelle Homes Jingle

Post by Jackie Rabbit » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:27 pm

I just read the Fresno Guide post and did not realize that Bonadelle owned that little newspaper. I remember the Bonadelle Homes jingle:

"It's so nice to have a man around the house...when the house around the man is Bonadelle!"
Attachments
The_Fresno_Bee_The_Republican_Sun__Dec_20__1964_.jpg
Fresno Bee - Dec. 20, 1964 / Click to Enlarge

Scott-o-rama

Re: Bonadelle Homes

Post by Scott-o-rama » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:39 pm

I remember a radio jingle from the late '50s that went like this:
"Five Hundred Dollars moves you into a Bonadelle Home,
Fifty-Seven a month will keep you in a Bonadelle Home!"

Scott-o-Rama

Post by Scott-o-Rama » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:45 pm

Jackie, I think the jingle you remember was for Headliner Homes, Bonadelle's competitor. I think it went like this:
"It's so nice to have a man around the house.
Put a quality Headliner house around your man."

frodoboy

Post by frodoboy » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:55 am

My dad bought an Oscar Spano house in 1955 across from Hammer Field which is now Fresno Yosemite Airport. I remember it cost him around $12,000 and from Winery to Cedar where Cedar Lanes was built, there were only a handful of houses. We lived way out in the country then on Winery!

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:51 pm

I remember all of these builders because my grandfather painted for most if not all of them. He was " The best color man " in the state, at least that is what I heard growing up from everyone around me and I soon realized it was true. He could mix any color to match exactly just by looking at it, on whatever you carried into his paint store. Maybe a pillow from your sofa, a sheet from your bed whatever color of paint you wanted he could make it. I lived in Tarpey not too far from the airport, Airways Pool and Price Right Market. That was when you could get penny candy for a penny or better yet, you could get five pieces of candy for the return of one soda bottle. I miss those days.

Christopher Stone

Post by Christopher Stone » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:16 am

Yes, the jingle was for the Bonadelle competitor, Headliner Homes.

jimiberan

Re: The Bonadelle Homes Jingle

Post by jimiberan » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:49 am

''luxury living in a home by bonadelle'' was the jingle in the 50-60s....I'd hear it all the time on the radio/tv. I went to Tioga and Hoover high with Karen Bonadelle, the daughter of the founder.

Ulrike

Post by Ulrike » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:38 am

I have been a Bonadelle owner for just over a year and have regretted it for about the last 8 months. Instead of decorating and making it feel like home, we have had to repair most of the problems ourselves.

Lost Fresno
Site Admin

Post by Lost Fresno » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:48 pm

Speaking of the Bonadelle Jingle, here is a billboard from back in the day. And just under $11,000 to buy a nice home!
Attachments
OldBillboard.png