Children's TV show 1950s

~
You just got home from school and it’s Channel 30 Fun Time! Or maybe Nancy Allen's Movie Matinee on Channel 24. Don’t forget the BOSS 30's #1 KYNO. If you were sophisticated, you only listened to KFIG on some new airwave called FM. We honor the late great Al Radka here at Lost Fresno whose motto was Lettuce Eat it!
~
Madera girl2016

Children's TV show 1950s

Post by Madera girl2016 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:40 pm

Born in '53, I remember watching a TV show that my mom said was in Fresno. A guy sat on the steps of a covered wagon or gypsy wagon and played a guitar or banjo and sang. I was 4 or 5 and was mesmerized! I think he had a dog by him too. My mom said the show was horrible. Hey, I was little and loved TV, especially Mighty Mouse and watching 20th Century on Sunday Night with my dad. Anybody remember this guy?

Re: Children's TV show 1950s

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:28 pm

"The Forty-Niner" on KJEO channel 47. I was on his show with a bunch of other kids. Must have been early 60's. I remember him scolding us for petting his dog during the commercial break.

Madera girl2016

Post by Madera girl2016 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:05 pm

Thank you so much! What a memory about petting his dog - obviously the guy didn't work well with children. I do appreciate your post!

LLance62

Post by LLance62 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:19 pm

Anyone remember or have information about the weird kids show, "Elrod the Genuine Cowboy". As I remember Elrod was "genuine" because he rode a cow instead of a horse. The cow's name was Valentine, possibly a promotional name for a local Fresno dairy back then, Valentine Dairy. The show aired on KMJ Channel 24 I believe back in 1954 or there-a-bouts. I believe it was a local production and as a kid I thought it was a stupid show. I don't think the show lasted very long but still it was an interested piece of Fresno's broadcast history for how bad it was.